Woodland Retreat with Deck & Backyard Creek#
Truckee, CA, US
Entire House in Truckee, CA
6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3 bathrooms
This 3BR/3BA home features an abundance of private outdoor space, including an expansive multi-level deck and a beautifully finished backyard with a redwood playset. The slopes of Northstar, Boreal, Sugarbowl, and Squaw are just minutes away. Sleeps 6.
* TurnKey Vacation Rentals verifies this home is professionally cleaned with products approved by the EPA for use against COVID-19. * This lovely creekside 3BR/3BA home features an abundance of private outdoor space, including an expansive multi-level deck and a beautifully finished backyard with a redwood playset. Fire up the grill and enjoy dinner amid peaceful woodland views, or take a pleasant stroll and follow the winding stream that flows from your property to Alder Creek.For a fun-filled day on the slopes, Northstar, Boreal, Sugarbowl, and Squaw are just minutes away.LIVING AREAThe welcoming living area features an open floor plan with cathedral ceilings and large picture windows that fill the home with natural light. Unwind on the sofa and watch a movie on the 42” TV with Roku.KITCHEN & DININGBefore hitting the ski slopes or hiking trails, whip up a hearty meal in the well-equipped kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a double sink. Enjoy breakfast at the dining table set for six.BEDROOMS & BATHSThis two-story home sleeps six guests total in three bedrooms on the first level.In the master suite, you’ll find a queen-size bed, a walk-in closet, and direct access to the lower deck. The master en-suite bathroom provides a tub/shower combination.An additional bedroom features a queen bed and a large closet. Great for kids, another bedroom offers two bunk beds with a twin-over-twin and a twin-over-full futon. A guest bathroom with a granite vanity and a tub/shower combination is shared between the two rooms.A convenient guest bathroom is located off the kitchen and offers a tub/shower combination.OUTDOOR AREASAfter an exhilarating day of outdoor adventures, relax amid the comfort of your spacious home. Kick back with a cold beverage on the multi-level deck, or grab a book and head to the creek to enjoy reading amid the tranquil sounds of the trickling water.EXTRA AMENITIES & MORE DETAILSGuest amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi, an in-unit washer/dryer, a mudroom, and parking for three vehicles (one in the garage and two in the driveway).TOT #773-108THE LOCATIONYour reservation includes two passes that allow a total of eight guests to access the Trout Creek Recreation Center for a nominal daily fee per person. Enjoy incredible amenities, including swimming pools, hot tubs, a fitness center, and a sauna. Your purchase also includes access to the Tahoe Donner Tennis Center and the Beach Club Marina. (For current rates and more details, visit the Tahoe Donner Trout Creek Recreation Center website.)You’ll also enjoy a plethora of fantastic public amenities. Discover the area's best family-friendly skiing at Tahoe Donner Ski Resort. For sledding and tubing, make your way to Snowplay, or explore 100 km of trails at the Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center. In the summer, practice your swing at Tahoe Donner Golf Course and explore over 60 miles of hiking trails in the area. To venture out on horseback, visit the Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center. THE TURNKEY PROMISEWith TurnKey, you’ll always find unique vacation rental properties that provide a consistent, fine-hotel experience – Every Home. Every Stay. Every Time.Access to your professionally cleaned, sanitized home is convenient. All properties have on-site devices for your security – these may include security alarms, decibel monitoring (which do not record voices), and exterior motion sensors or cameras.If you need anything before, during, or after your stay, our 24/7 local team is ready to help!
Near Ski Resort
You won’t be charged yet
4.0 (4 reviews)#
GREAT HOUSE BUT NO WIFI AND TOO MUCH HASSLE
- No WiFi- that was a huge issue for me as I had to work at night and could not because of the missing WiFi. I called Turnkey right away on the first day to fix it. Clearly the router was broken. They blamed it on AT&T and did not manage to get it fixed the entire time. The second day I was on the phone with Turnkey many times and talked to many different people, with no result. The description said WiFi included. Do not believe it.
- The resort passes were not there. Another call to Turnkey.
- be aware that the Rec center charges $12/person to enter, so it gets expensive. The description said it was $12 for up to 4 people, not $12/person.
- There were a lot of expired food items in the house. My favorite: a bottle of hot sauce that had expired in 2008, 10 years ago.
- There was a lot of dust and cob webs all around the house.
WOODLAND RETREAT REVIEW
GREAT LOCATION, HOUSE WAS EH
The house itself was disappointing and poorly maintained. We showed up to find the kitchen faucet held together with duct tape (literally!) and leaking. By the 2nd day the leak was worse and we called Turnkey. During family lunch (in the middle of a pandemic), the handyman walks in unannounced and unmasked. WTF? Not impressed. Turnkey did their best to make it right, but the house really could use some basic upkeep and repair.
Truckee, CA, US
Things to know
Check-in: 4 PM
Check out: 10 AM
Health & safety
All Whimstay properties are professionally managed and verified
Carbon monoxide alarm