Sun-Drenched Austin Guesthouse#
Austin, TX, US
Entire Apartment in Austin, TX
6 guests · 2 bedrooms · 2 bathrooms
This centrally located, 2-bedroom, 1.5-bath Austin guesthouse shares its premises with historic Carrington House, also available for rental.
* TurnKey Vacation Rentals verifies this home is professionally cleaned with products approved by the EPA for use against COVID-19, and our custom locks offer a 100% contactless check-in experience. * This centrally located, 2-bedroom, 1.5-bath Austin guesthouse shares its premises with historic Carrington House, also available for rental. It sleeps 6, with the larger house accommodating an additional 12 in 5 bedrooms - perfect for a group vacation.This neat home boasts wide porches overlooking a large lawn, pretty gazebo, barbecue grill and patio furniture outside. Inside, you’ll find an open concept living area, dining and kitchen space, with two spacious bedrooms upstairs.This charming home offers views of nearby downtown Austin and is centrally located only 1 mile from the State Capitol and a block from gorgeous Pease Park. Step outside and start exploring!INSIDE THE HOUSEThis property shares its grounds with the larger historic Carrington House. With an expansive front lawn adored with winding paths, a gazebo and wide porches, there are plenty of places to sit and admire the view over downtown Austin.When you do step through the front door, you’ll find yourself in the open concept living space with comfortable seating for 4 and a large wall-mounted flat-screen TV. There’s a dining table for 4 as well, which can be folded away to maximize space between meals, and a bright kitchen with white cabinetry.When the weather’s too nice to stay indoors, head out to the picnic-style seating and cook a meal on the BBQ grill. Then head back in and up the stairs where two spacious bedrooms await. The master bedroom has two full beds, and the second bedroom has another full bed, so the home sleeps 6 in total.The rooms share a light-filled bathroom with tub/shower combo, all overlooking the treetop view. An additional half-bath is located downstairs for your convenience.OUR LOCATIONThis gorgeous house is set in a fittingly beautiful location, adjacent to Shoal Creek and only a block from Pease Park with its many hiking and biking trails to explore. It’s a mere 8 blocks to the University of Texas, where you’ll find the LBJ Presidential Library for a slice of history, and plenty of nightlife for afterwards.And don’t miss the State Capitol, just one mile away in all its architectural beauty. You’re near the bus route if you want to head downtown without worrying about parking, so the world of Austin is truly your oyster!STR # 2013-069590 OL THE TURNKEY PROMISE With TurnKey, you’ll always find unique vacation rental properties that provide a consistent, fine-hotel experience – Every Home. Every Stay. Every Time.Access your professionally cleaned, sanitized home with our custom locks that ensure 100% contactless check-in. All properties have on-site devices for your security – these may include security alarms, decibel monitoring (which do not record voices), and exterior motion sensors or cameras.If you need anything before, during, or after your stay, our 24/7 local team is ready to help!
You won’t be charged yet
4.0 (9 reviews)#
GREAT STAY FOR COLLEGE VISIT
GREAT LOCATION, LACKS AMENITIES
1. No cable TV. This should be clearly stated in description. We are seniors and like to watch the live news. Just having HULU and NETFLIX didn't cut it for us. I felt cut off from the world with no current TV or newspapers.
2. The weather turned cold during our stay (in the low 50's at night) and the thermostat was locked on AC, we had no way to adjust the temperature. We had to call Turnkey for assistance several times, finally they sent out a local representative around 7pm after waiting all day for help. They did resolve the problem and get the heat turned on, but this was very frustrating.
3. The fitted sheet on the bed in the west bedroom was in shreds at the lower half of the bed, had several large rips. I can't believe whoever put the linens on the bed used it. It needs to be thrown out, it is just rags. Towels in bathroom were OK.
4. Kitchenware (plates, silverware, pots and pans) were newish, good shape. However there were several basic tools missing: a vegetable peeler, measuring cups, spoons, spatula, etc. Difficult for those of us that cook and don't eat out all meals. Lacked basic supplies like salt and pepper too.
5. Overall was clean, the last morning there was a large roach/palmetto bug crawling across the kitchen floor. Maybe spray for bugs?
6. Good parking as the unit has a dedicated driveway.
7. Very quiet, never heard any other neighbors.
8. Furniture is old, pretty worn. Nothing special. OK for a short stay.
Austin, TX, US
Things to know
Check-in: 4 PM
Check out: 10 AM
Health & safety
All Whimstay properties are professionally managed and verified
Carbon monoxide alarm