Location: Walnut Creek, California
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Whimstay is seeking an Accounting Assistance to join us and ensure that our platform accounts are financially secure. In this role, you’ll have the chance to help us define and grow our finance function as we launch our new service. You are self-motivated, curious and outgoing person who enjoys helping others solve problems. You thrive in a busy environment and believe that keeping things organized is an essential part of getting anything done. You can communicate effectively via email, telephone and SMS.
- Reconcile system and host accounts on a daily basis
- Verify payouts to hosts and respond to question regarding host payouts
- Research & settle credit card disputes and inquiries
- Process host claims and traveler refunds
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience with credit card processing system and reconciliation (e.g. Stripe) is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability particularly via email, telephone and SMS
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of host and traveler data/interactions
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelors Degree
Whimstay is a start up in the vacation rental market that provides amazing deals to last-minute travelers. We are located adjacent to the Walnut Creek BART. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, including stock options.